Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Calling The Cops on a Drunk Driver


The other night I had to share the road with someone who was either intoxicated or so completely lost that it at least looked that way. Here’s the story:

When I first saw this guy, he was sticking out half way into the middle of an intersection and positioned like he was going to make a turn. When the light turned green, he started making the turn, then changed his mind at the last second, swerved out of the way of oncoming traffic and started going straight. Then at the next green light he just completely stops for almost 30 seconds, then makes a turn and swerves into the wrong lane!

Normally when I see crazy stuff like this, I just try and get clear of it as quickly as possible. But by this time I was fed up. This was the second time in a week that I was stuck behind some idiot, so I decided to call the non-emergency number for the police. I gave them some information about the vehicle, and that was it.

Now did they ever catch the guy? Was he even wasted to begin with? I’ll never know the answer to those questions. But I still wonder if I made the right move.

So here’s my question. What do you do when you get stuck behind a drunk driver on the road? 


No comments:

Post a Comment